This last week has been very mellow, since we've finally gotten a chance to relax. Basically, we've spent the time slowly exploring Wuxi, sleeping, figuring out how we're going to cook with only a kettle (lots of boiled eggs and coffee). The girls will be working starting tomorrow or Monday, so tomorrow will be the first real day I'll be on my own. I figure I'll just be out walking around trying to chat up some natives (the reverse foreigner effect) and picking up Mandarin. The Muslim restaurant down the street is very friendly towards me, so I'm sure I'll be able to chat with them a bit.
I also plan on going to the electronics market when the girls aren't around, so they don't have to deal with the geekiness. I'll have to keep my eye open for a glare filter and a battery for my laptop. I consider the tourist vacation over as of tomorrow, and my real experiences living in China will begin. The honeymoon phase ends here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment